10/10/10

10/10/10

     It's pretty early, but it is now officially 10/10/10. It isn't really a big deal, just another day really. But this phenom will not happen again until 2110. Next year will be more epic, but this is still pretty amazing.      So, events happening on this day. So far, that I've heard of, there will be a lot of environmental awareness events and projects starting. Thank you google. I think that's pretty cool. 350.org has a list of every single registered event in the world. They even have one for the city near where I live, so they're pretty precise. You can find that here.
     Also, a book is being officially released today (tomorrow?). Kaleb Nation's Bran Hambric: The Specter Key is being released in store. He is hoping, and dreaming, that his book gets on the national best seller list. Preorders have been being made for more than a month now, including signed copies. If his book does appear on the list, he will make a visit to the city with the most preorders. Too bad I don't live in a city that loves books. Sigh. Anyway, he will have an epic (hopefully) YouTube video out in the morning, so you should check that out. And you can read the first three chapters of his book, and of the first book, Bram Hambric: The Farfield Curse, here. I really recommend at least giving them a shot. What's the harm?


     Another thing I know that is happening happens to be a Nerdfighter thing. There's going to be a gathering in Chicago, but since I can't be there, I'm not going to say anything about it. If you want to know more, you can look at this video. Why do all of my favourite people that I want to meet have to live outside of Canada?!?
     Anyway, I am posting this now, at like 2am, because I might be busy tomorrow. I still haven't completely made up my mind, so I'm doing it now just to be safe. Now, why does it seem that lately this blog has been about telling you about other people and other people's fun? Oh, that's right, because it has been. School has just been it's annoying self, grasping me in it's annoying-ness. My English teacher has been MIA for over a week, which means annoying filler work while she is gone. I mean, you can only have so many "class discussions" before someone should realize that there are only a select few that actually discuss. For others it's down time to do work from other classes, talk, listen to music, or play games on Ipods. I mean, is everyone else just blind to this kind of stuff but me?
     So here is a warning to anyone who is thinking of using physics as a filler class/report card boost. Don't. It's very difficult if you mean to use it like that. It needs to be taken seriously. Like, study and make sure you understand everything kind of seriousness. I know by unfortunate experience. I thought that it wouldn't be difficult, and that it would just be something to occupy that period. But it's hard. Like, maddeningly, frustratingly, hard. But I will get through it. I've got some amazing help. And google. Nothing helps like a bit of google. 
     I have spent this past week with late nights reading, annoying school days, and evenings ignoring everything. Homework, people, YouTube (which took a long time to catch up on), and sleep. I just basically sat around the house thinking, and planning, and never following through on those plans. But this weekend, this glorious long weekend, has already begun to piece back together the horrible puzzle that I had created. 
     So anyway, I will be sure to post something more me-like sometime this week. Before the weekend, I promise. So have a good 10/10/10 my friends, stay true to yourself, and DFTBA.  

P.S. - That poster I did last weekend that I blogged about? The Egyptian themed one? Yeah, 100%. I know. Awesome. XD 

No comments:

Post a Comment