12/18/10

Big, Fun, Scary List 2011

     In the aftermath of NaNoWriMo 2011, I received an email from the NaNo staff. This email included a thank-you for participating (even though I basically write nothing), a link to the Participant survey, and links to other things to do after NaNoWriMo. One such suggestion that I found interesting was the Big, Fun, Scary List 2011.
     The BFS List 2011 is basically a list of things you wish to accomplish in the coming year. I don't usually have things that I want to accomplish, but this year I want to change that. I have thought a lot of what I really want to accomplish this year, and this is what I have come up with, with reasoning:


*survive grade 11, and move on to 12
-this year has been rough and tiring, and it's only halfway though
*attend my first high school dance
-the last school dance I went to I was probably in third grade. All of my friends have been getting mad at me for not going to dances, but they are just not my thing.
*get a radical haircut
-I don't mean cut an inch or two, I mean a complete change.
*actually do NaNoWriMo 2011
-I didn't get very far this year before other things took over and I forgot about writing.
*50 book challenge
-I probably read around 50 books a year, so why not count and actually try to do it
*get my driver's license
-I could already have it now, but it's not something that I really care about, so it hasn't happened yet
*get a job
-pretty simple, I have no money and need it
*donate blood
-I hate needles, but I have a lot of healthy blood that I have no need for, and other people need it
*lose weight
-I need to, plain and simple
*try vlogging
-something I have been thinking of doing for a long time now
*fill a journal with meaningful quotes
-I have a love of quotes. My wall of quotes is getting too full.
*learn to write with my right hand (even if it's bad)
-seems like it could be useful, and interesting to see
*write
-anything, anywhere, at anytime. Because I love it


     2011 will be a year to remember, just like 2010 was. I intend to fill it with many more memories, lessons, and friends. So good luck to me, good luck to you, good luck to us all.

1 comment:

  1. Omg, you're finally coming to a dance! *squeels in excitement* I reccomend the Halloween Dance, but any one you come to will be awesome! Also i agree with most of the things on your list, as many of them are on my list as well. *coughdriverslicensecough* :P

    ReplyDelete