12/15/10

I am Who I am.

     Clearly I haven't written in a long while. We're going to skip the excuses and the nonsense and go right to writing, because I am in the mood and I am in control.
     I just wrote this, in about 3 minutes. I flipped over on my bed and saw my room from a completely different view. A view of the same room that I am in every single day. It got me thinking, which got me writing. Don't question. It usually gets you into a mess. Here:
A different view can make all the difference. I don't care whether it's the view from a different tower, a different country, a different planet. Just change the view. Open your mind and let the view teach you. Let it show you space and colour, depth and precision. Let your view change your mind, your opinion, your life. It may be a change for the better; it may be a change for the worse. The point? Change. No one likes the same things over and over, no matter how much they argue about safety, comfort, or a love of something. A change throws you into a new situation, with new problems, and new ways to solve them. A change will expand your comfort zone, introduce you to things you never knew existed, never knew you liked, or didn't like. So change the view. Angle your head a little differently, take the path you usually don't, or create a new one. If it doesn't change you, even in the slightest way, in the farthest future, in a way you never thought would matter, then I will admit defeat. But I know I won't have to. Things will change. 
     I think that if weren't lazy and a one shot writer that that paragraph could be edited into something more comprehensible, but I am who I am, and it's going to stay like that. Hmm, a block.
     So the winter break is coming up, 2 more days to be exact. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. I am, but I'm also not. I don't want to leave my friends for that long. Pathetic, I know, but whatever. I'm going to have a lot of work to do over the break, most of which will be put off until the last couple days, because once again, I am who I am. There are a lot of other things I'd like to get done over the break, including a lot of thinking and planning. *Sigh* So much for peace and relaxation.
     So I didn't do NaNoWriMo. I can't remember if I wrote about that before, but who cares. If I haven't and you want to understand, use Google. I'm not a search engine. I got about 150 words, then got sidetracked, then forgot, then just didn't care. So became the Great 2010 NaNo-fiasco. I'll try harder next year. One thing I did get out of NaNo was the BFS List.
     The BFS List is the Big, Fun, Scary list. It's supposed to be a list of things you want to accomplish, big, fun, or scary, in the coming year. I have composed a small list, but will not post it until later, once I've reviewed it and all.
     But now I am tired.

1 comment:

  1. Your stalking abilities are outstanding, I have no idea how you found it.
    Add me on facebook, so you don´t feel the need of stalking me. I´m as Francisco Rivarola.

    ReplyDelete