12/30/10

Like/Dislike

     I could easily write forever on things that I like and dislike, and since I am becoming extremely annoyed at something I dislike,  I'm going to blog about it. A lot of social networking sites emphasize on what we like, but not very many allow you to dislike something. It makes it seem like the act of disliking something is severe or unethical. But the truth is, no one likes everything. We all dislike things.
     To start off, some things I do like. I like staying up late when everyone is asleep, when the night is quiet and the air is cool and the world seems to be taking a break from being its amazing self. I like stirring things by hand instead of using an electric mixer, not only because it's quieter and improves arm muscles, but because I can watch as things slowly mix together, becoming one entity that will later be extremely tasty. I love lying in bed with my cat on my back. It's become a reassuring thing, having another heartbeat near me. I like rain sliding slowly down the glass of the windows, drops crashing into one another until too heavy to drip. I like a clear night with plenty of stars, no noise, only me and the sky. I like a good book, of course. But mostly, I like to think.
     What I dislike is large puddles when I'm in a hurry, because they don't move and I have to walk through them. I dislike homework when I should be out having fun or relaxing. I dislike noisy crowds of people who don't care that I am standing there, and push and shove to get around me. I dislike doing work for nothing, and things being changed without my knowledge. I dislike when people are hypocritical, although they never see it that way. I dislike being woken up for anything, regardless if I have to do something or if it's 1 o'clock in the afternoon. I dislike the fact that I am very good at procrastinating, which seems to get me into a lot of tight spots and long nights.
     The lists could probably go on forever but there are things that I really should be doing right now. Of course, there is, isn't there always? Next time I post, it will be of an assignment that I am working on for my English class. So until then, to whoever really reads this, I hope that you have an amazing start to your year, and that the past one was worth remembering. And, needless to say, don't forget to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment