3/26/11

Just Don't Freak Out

     This week has been the most boring week of the year. Nothing particularly interesting happened, and I haven't done anything worth talking about. I've mostly been thinking, and even that has been pretty dull. The only real news to report is that I finished two books this week and started another. This means I am back on track with the 50 Book Challenge, and may possibly get ahead of my schedule by the end on the month. The way I thought about it, I would need to read one book per week, and have a two week period in case more time was needed for certain books. Kind of like the 50QC.
     I finished Mockingjay late Monday night, so I couldn't post like I wanted to. The ending was, of course, the best part of the book. I cried my eyes out reading it, and had to get up a couple of times to blow my nose. Just like the second book, I never could have predicted what had happened. This trilogy has become one of my favourites. Not only did the characters feel real and complete, but the story seemed to resonate with a sound of truth, like this is what our future holds. The plot is undeniably possible. I just hope for the sake of the human race we can pull ourselves together and not come to something like this. All in all, I would rate this book a 9.5 out of 10.
     The reason I didn't post on Tuesday or Wednesday was because I had begun reading yet another book. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. As strange as the title may sound, the book was absolutely amazing. It was the perfect mix of romance and mystery that I needed. The story is about a girl, Lily, who left a notebook in a bookstore in New York, with a dare in it for whomever found it. Dash finds it, and instead of just following the final instruction, leaves a dare back for Lily. They continue on like this, writing back and forth in the notebook, getting close to one another without really getting close. Then add in a nightclub at 2am, an enormous dog, and an unforgettable New Year's eve. This book had me hooked from the first page to the last.
      That's all I really feel like writing at the moment. I promise another post early in the week, a very special post. But that's all I'm going to say about that. So have a good weekend, DFTBA, and...

No comments:

Post a Comment