5/14/11

Wither Away

     I spent the afternoon lying in bed finishing up my book. It was just too good, and I had to know how it ended. But of course, it is just the first book in the trilogy, and the next book won't come out until 2012. Life just sucks like that.
     Wither by Lauren Destefano is about the future world where humans are plagued by a genetic disease that severely shortens our lifespan. Men die at age 25, women at age 20. And there's nothing they can do to stop it. It's a story that really makes you think about life and how we go through it doing these petty things. Do we really make the most of what we have, or are we just settling for what we believe we deserve? The main character, Rhine, is kidnapped and forced to become one of three brides for a man who is blind to what is really going on behind the doors of his mansion. I usually don't enjoy science fiction type books, but I really loved this one. Anyway, it was fantastic and beautiful and I can't wait for the next book but it's going to take forever for it to come. It's called Fever, and the trilogy is called The Chemical Garden trilogy.
     I've got a big biology assignment that I now have to go and do so that I don't leave it for tomorrow like I usually do, so I will write once that is done, and only then. DFTBA, and have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment