7/4/11

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

     I finally did it. I cut my hair. It only took about a year of talking about it, but I really, actually, truly did it. Unfortunately my ponytail wasn't long enough to be able to donate it, but I didn't want to wait any longer. It was about 6 inches long, and needed to be 8. There was no way my resolve was going to last another 2 inches.
     My hair is only about 2 inches long now. It doesn't really feel all that different, since I always wore it up and in an elastic all day long. What I like is that I can run my fingers through it and play with it and not have to worry about it getting messed up or frizzed out. There is no more need to brush fly away strands behind my ears, or tighten the hair in the elastic, or have it get pulled when I move my head around. It's kind of liberating, actually.


     To those who will remember my hair, don't be too alarmed, you will get used to it. I love it already, so you will love it too. It's another thing off my BFS List. So go forth and check something off of yours, and DFTBA.

1 comment:

  1. it'll be interesting to see how your hair turns out over the next few days, after you have a shower and stuff... it was when i got my haircut too, but i absolutely love it! :)

    ReplyDelete