9/25/10

Sick in Bed

     Well, the inevitable has happened. I am sick. I've got a cold. Sore throat one day, runny nose and stuffy head the next. It's torture. I can't go 5 minutes without blowing my nose, and my head feels all stuffed up and heavy. And none of this is my fault. I was perfectly healthy, taking extra precautions like wearing a jacket and a sweater when going outside to prevent this. But no, my sister had to get sick, because of course a  jacket is just too good for her. No, she prefers to go out walking in the rain and the cold with only a thin sweater. So she got sick, and then I got sick.
     So now I am stuck in bed instead of going into the city. I could have gone, it was all my choice, but traveling and shopping and being with family when you are sick just isn't fun. Well, shopping is never fun for me, but I was looking forward to going to the book store. It's the only kind of shopping I can stand. I have spent the day lying in bed reading and being online. Not as fun as it sounds. At least I am warm and cozy though. Not that that makes up for any of this.
     If I am not better by Monday, I still have to go to school. Seeing as I am in grade 11 now, missing a day of school sets me back pretty far. Not to mention the homework that I would get. Also, since everyone else is at school, the Internet just isn't as fun. I hate being sick.
     That's all I really wanted to say. No links, no special stories or anything. Just to vent out my frustrations at being sick and warn you to not get sick. So stay healthy and DFTBA, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment