9/27/10

Forever and Ever and Ever

     When I got home after school today, I did what I normally do. I logged onto my computer and began my normal routine of checking for new YouTube videos, blog posts, and my daily comic. I clicked my link for the blog of one of my favourite authors, Maggie Stiefvater, and waited for the page to load. When it did, I scrolled down to look at the new post. Looking back at me on the screen was an image that made my heart skip a few beats. The cover art for Forever, the final book in the Shiver trilogy. I have been waiting for the release of this cover ever since I finished Linger. I knew that the book's release was going to be in July of 2011, so I would just have to wait. But I never expected the cover art to be out this quickly! You can preorder a signed copy here, and I suggest you do because it's going to be one helluva finale, I can assure you.
     The first book, Shiver, tells the near impossible love story of a girl and a boy. Sure it sounds ordinary, but I neglected to mention that this boy used to be a wolf, and is only human now, in the beginnings of winter, because he was shot. And he also saved this girl's life once, when he was a wolf. Throw in some amazing friends, a heart-wrenching history, and some incredible love, and you've got yourself one epic tale.
     I'm not going to tell you anything about the second book, because it will give away the amazing-ness of the first. Linger kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading it. There was just no stopping it. It crawled into my heart and has left its own impression. I just couldn't stop feeling for the characters.
     I am not afraid to admit that both of these books made me cry, nor am I afraid to say that I hope Forever makes me cry. It only means that they were able to scrape my heart raw, and that makes for some impressive literature. I recommend these books to all those who are looking for a little romance, a little adventure, and a lot of excitement. Five stars!


     So in the meantime, my friends, keep reading, and DFTBA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment