9/21/10

The Tortoise and the Hair

     Yes, I'm sure that I spelled the title for this blog correctly. No, I am not referring to the children's story in which a lazy rabbit is beaten by a determined turtle. I am talking about myself, and my hair. Currently, my hair is just past shoulder length, and blonde. Natural blonde. Yeah, go ahead, take this time to make your jokes. I really take no offense to any of them. Now that you're done, let me tell you the tortoise reference. For a couple months now, I have wanted to cut my hair, and I don't mean just cut the ends off and lets get out of here. I've grown quite tired of my hair, and this summer decided that I wanted to start off fresh and new. So,  I've decided that I'm going to cut it all off. All of it. Maybe leave an inch or two so that my head doesn't freeze during the winter (because it gets frakking cold up here!).
     I know you aren't understanding something now. What does cutting off all my hair have to do with my being tortoise-like? Instead of telling you, I'm going to complicate it even more. Last year, my school did fundraising for Plan Canada, and we raised a hefty amount of money for the size of our school and the current economic situation in our area.
     Have you put two and two together yet? Well, if not, my idea is to donate my head of hair to the cause, and set a goal. If we reach said goal, I cut off all my hair. If not, then better luck next year. As for being a tortoise, I still have not brought up my idea to the coordinator of the fund raising. I have been meaning to do so for the past three weeks. And yet, I have not. I could lie and say that I've been busy, but let's face it, I wasn't and we all know it.
     So anyways, before I wrap this up so that I can get back to the homework that I have been ignoring, I have one piece of news to share with you. My best friend, K, (that's all she is to you right now!) has also started a blog. She is insane and crazy and smart and amazing, and you should read her blog. I will link it ... HERE!   So that's it. Nothing else today. Until next time. Stay safe, my friends. And DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment