1/16/11

Christmas in ... January?

     When my family and I celebrate Christmas, we do a lot of baking. Cookies, cake, banana bread, rice crispy squares, but we have never made a gingerbread house. After the new year, we were shopping and noticed that the left over gingerbread kits were really inexpensive. So we bought some. They wouldn't that good to eat, since the cookies were hard, but they would be fun to make. So today, instead of doing homework, I sat down at the kitchen table and got to work.
     For something that advertises "easy assembly," it was incredibly difficult. The icing was hard, which made everything impossible. But I did it. It took over an hour, and my fingers were very sticky the entire time, and the candies just did not want to stick to the sides. Here it is, in all of it's miniature glory.





     Now I will go and get some homework done. Maybe. Or I'll have a bite of gingerbread house. Have a good week, and DFTBA.

1 comment:

  1. looks yummy, i want to eat it :) it would be cool if we made our own by scratch sometime

    ReplyDelete