1/15/11

Et Two?

     I really didn't plan for the second challenge post to be a week after the last. Life just happened that way. Well, life and procrastination. I just kept feeling that if I posted earlier in the week that it would be too early. Also, instead of writing last night I slept all evening. Then all night. It was kind of awesome.
     Book two of the challenge was Wave by Eric Walters. Like I said last week, one of my favourite non-fantasy authors. The POV was split, with the brother telling the first half and the sister telling the second half. Let me just say that after the wave hit, all of my expectations were met and exceeded. There was just so much that happens that I would have never have thought of. The only complaint is that after the climax, things slowed down. Then again, I guess it was just to accent the nerve-wracking feeling of impatience that the sister, Beth, would have been feeling. The ending was the most unexpected part. I stayed up past midnight to finish the book, and it had me in tears. Although not my favourite novel from this author, is it within the top 5. Also, I love the cover art for this novel. I don't know what I'll be reading next, because I am going to Chapters in the next few days and will no doubt be buying more books. But I will let you know what I have decided once I make that decision.
     I'm not going to lie, I haven't thought too much on this week's question, since I sort of knew what my answer was going to be, but mostly because I forgot and this week has been rough. "Which is worse, failing or never trying?" I think that never trying is the worse choice, first because you don't even know about the end outcome. If you don't try, how do you know you will fail? How do you know you will not succeed or not find something that you love? If everyone just sat at home doing nothing because they were afraid of trying, or afraid of the outcome, we would all be lost. Also, I don't believe on failure (at least most of the time). I believe in learning. If at first you don't succeed, learn from it and try again. It's not a failure, it's a lesson. Clearly we have learned many lessons, because I can say with little doubt that anyone was perfect at anything the first time around. No one walked the first time they put one foot in front of the other. No one counted to 10 on their own the first time they tried. I'm thankful for my failures, because they mean that I have tried, I have been mistaken, and I have learned.
     I hope that I make some sense when I try to explain myself. It really means a lot to me that I can do this. So, I will update as soon as possible. Until then, keep trying. And keep this last thing in mind. Rome wasn't built in day. DFTBA.

*PS- I updated the playlist at the bottom with some new music. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Keep moving forward!

    ..... Sorry I had to say it, I just finished watching Meet the Robinsons and that movie talks about the exact same things you just did :P

    ReplyDelete