2/12/11

Release the Nerd

     I think I would prefer to take double exams than go through the week I just had again. I haven't been this stressed, tired, and moody in my entire life. Every little thing this week have come together to drive me insane, and  I don't think there's any going back at this point. The only thing to look forward to is the hours and hours of sleep I will be getting after this is posted. Thank god for sleep.
     A positive note before I go on to rant and complain: I finished Halo last night. It was much better than I expected it to be. The ending was sort of rushed, but it was logical and very entertaining. There was a lot of romance and love in it, which is exactly what I had been craving. I kind of guessed what was going on from about midway through the novel, but there were a lot twists I never saw coming, which I always like. I've been staying up late every night to read it, which is partly why I'm so tired right now. But it was too good to not stay awake. I believe there may be a sequel; it was finished on a kind of cliffhanger, with a really bug and important question left unanswered. But a sequel is always a good thing. I'll just have to wait and see what happens. This has been the sixth book in the 50 Book Challenge for my BFS List. I believe things are moving along nicely.
     Since I haven't written all week and probably won't have any time to do it this weekend, I will answer the 50QC question now. I'm up to number six, which to me seems king of high to me, but it actually has only been six weeks since 2011. Go figure. "If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?" First off, I don't see how happiness would ever work as a currency. It's an emotion, and differs in people based on their chemical balance, so couldn't be properly measured and averaged (*cough*nerd*cough*). If it was though, I think that any work where I directly helped people would make me happy. I like to teach people things and see understanding and happiness fill their faces. It's partly why I think I want to become a teacher after highschool. I like to be around children and teenagers, and I've always liked the satisfaction of knowing that someone understands a certain concept because of me.
     I think I have been moody this week mostly because of the upcoming 'holiday,' Valentine's Day. Or as K so geniusly put it, 'Single's Awareness Day.' At least, that's te category I fall under. It's kind of depressing always being in that category. But what can a girl do. Here's what I think of Valentine's Day, sprinkled with a bit of my nerdiness.

     I'm too tired to do any real ranting. I'll save that for the horrid day itself. Now, time for sleep! Have a good weekend, DFTBA, and don't forget, you are not alone on this big blue marble.

**Edit: changed the title from "Release the of Nerd" to what it actually should say.

No comments:

Post a Comment