12/14/11

BEDD: Bad Blogger

     I've been kind of a bad blogger the past couple of days, what with the homework and procrastination and whatnot, and I'm going to be sort of a bad blogger today, too. I'm just going to post the three picture challenges that I missed, since I have to catch up on sleep and get up early tomorrow morning.

     Monday's challenge was reflection, so I took out my mirror again and actually got a shot that I really love. There is just so much going on that I didn't notice when I took it that it amazes me. Looking at it for surface value, you get the reflection of my drawings in their frames in the mirror, which was the original premise for the photo. I like it because I actually managed to get them both in their, and you can (hopefully) tell what they are supposed to be. If you look deeper, though, you can see the reflection of my hand in the right mirror frame taking the picture. That just amazed me. Also, my pocketwatch necklace made its way into this photo, which added a nice element of colour and contrast to it. The bronze/gold against the silvery colour of the mirror looks cool.


     Tuesday's challenge was 'Fool's Perspective', which took me a while to figure out something creative. I ended up photographing my doodle of infinity cirlces, which I drew last year during classes whenever I was bored. This represents a fool's perspective to me because to anyone who doesn't know or understand, it's just a bunch of circles in a bunch of triangles. But really, it's math. And math that I like, because it's an artsy math. I got the idea from a YouTube video done by Vi Hart. Technically, you can fit an infinite amount of circles into any triangle, except the pencil lead is too thick and math is too crazy.


     Today's challenge is called On the Floor, and this is about the most interesting this that resides on the floor of my home. It is a 'bear skin' rug which my sister used to have in her room, but is now in the rec room because her room is full of stuff. I think it is an adorable picture, and a good view as well. There were no lights on downstairs, and I think that just the flash from my camera was enough to make the picture really work. It illuminated the bear, which is the only part that was really needed.



     Hopefully I will be able to get back on track with all of this now. Who knows. Life can be annoying like that. Anywho, I'm going to bed now, so don't forget to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment