12/1/11

BEDD: The Quest Begins

     It may be a little late in the evening, but I have posted! I have just been working on today's photo challenge, and what I thought was going to be an easy one turned out to be a tad bit more difficult than expected. Day 1 called was 'anything goes,' so I thought I would talk a bit about the 50 Book Challenge, since I've been thinking about it a lot lately.

     The 50 Book Challenge was part of my Big, Fun, Scary List for the year. The point was to read at least 50 books by end of the year (duh), to see just how much people really read during the course of a year. For the longest time, my Challenge meter has been logged to 26 books, basically since I stopped the major blogging this year. But I never stopped reading (gosh, that would be worse than my heart stopping beating). So finally, I dragged up my memory lists, my Chapters list, and perused my bookshelf, and discovered that I was up to 41 books. Dissatisfied. So I read a book (a short one) that night, and then finished Othello today, which brought me up to 43. I messed up on my list though, so the counter says 44. It just means that I won't have to make a new one once I finish the next book.

     Anywho, back to today. I figured since I was so excited about being so close to my goal, I would make the first BEDD photo a picture of all of the books I have currently read. Of course, I don't have all of them (I borrowed a couple and 2 are novels from school) so I just put filler books into the picture with the spines turned away. But every other book is my own personal novel that I own and have read.


     Like I mentioned before, I didn't think that getting this picture would be difficult. At first I underestimated the pure size of 43 books. I had to find them all on my bookshelf and take them out, and then move them off of my desk and onto the floor to take the picture, since there is no room on my desk to take a decent picture. Then, once I had the picture, I had to move all of them back to the desk and put them back onto the bookshelf into their correct places. I am kinf of OCD when it comes to my bookshelf. Since there is no more room (I have a lot of books) everything needs to be placed correctly to fit. It's like Tetris, but for books.

     I am going to go to bed now (after reading a bit), since moving everything and my day in general has made me really tired. Tune in tomorrow for another post/picture. As always, don't forget to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment