12/11/11

BEDD: Sometimes I'm a Hypocrite

     I hate English. I also love English. I can explain this though. I like English in the sense of creative writing and reading and analysing (which most people hate). I love to write, and someday do wish to write an actual novel, or something resembling an actual novel. I love to read, and analysing novels can be interesting sometimes. I mean, it's interesting to see other people's opinions and have more insight on things that seemed to be so simple.

     What I don't like is writing essays. I don't like citing sources, and calling authors by their last names over and over again. I mean, some essays are fine to write, like the ones in which stories are told, but those that just teach you something lame are boring. And who cares where I got my information from, as long as it's there. Also, why can't Wikipedia be a credible source? Who cares if anyone can write an article; do you know how difficult it is these days to actually change something in those things? (Probably not difficult, but come on, they have all the information in one place.) As for author names, I am going to build a freaking time machine and meet these people so that I can technically call them by their first names in essays. (I wish)

     The love/hate thing is not the only reason I am being hypocritical in this post. I really do love English, and these things only annoy me when I have procrastinated a lot and have to rush to finish an essay. I am going to have to get used to these things if I want to get an English degree in university. *sigh*  I just like to rant sometimes. Especially when I'm tired and just want to read instead of doing homework.

     Speaking of reading, I started a book last night, and due all of the procrastinating I did today, I am almost finished it. I think the 50 Book Challenge will not be too bad now, if I can continue this way and not have too much work to do for the rest of the month. (Haha, funny. The next two weeks are going to be horrible for homework.

     Today's challenge word is love, a word which I really hate. So for the photo, I kind of translated it to heart, and something that I liked. This summer my family and I ate quite a few Kinder Egg chocolates, and I collected the plastic eggs. At first I had them in a chain, as my goal was just to see how long an egg chain I could make. Then one day my sister took that chain and kind of bent and twisted the eggs into the shape of a heart, and since then I have not touched it, despite having gotten a few more to add to it. And so that is the picture for today, a love/heart of Kinder chocolate.

     Anywho, I am exhausted, and just want to read before going to sleep. Don't forget to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment