12/19/11

BEDD: 'Tis the Season... Finally

     I was planning on posting early today, but then I got caught up in the Internet, then taking pictures, and now I am right back to my more regular posting time. But whatever, I guess this is just when the universe wants me to write. Don't want to mess with the universe; bad, bad things happen.

     So, one day down, and four to go before the holidays. I am getting rather excited for them, especially when I woke up this morning and just did not want to get out of bed. It is getting increasingly difficult to want to go to bed at a decent hour each night, and to pull myself out each morning. It wouldn't be so bad if there were more interesting things to look forward too, but it's just regular school as usual. We aren't even having our Christmas concert this year, since none of the drama classes are willing to perform. That has always been my favourite part of the final week of school, too.

     Saturday's photo challenge was a close-up, and I finally got a more seasonal picture with this one. I found an old snowflake charm that I had in my jewelry box, and took a close-up of it. It turned out alright, kind of blurred, but the shadow behind it makes it look nice. I was thinking of wearing it, but I prefer my pocketwatch over it anyday. Plus, I've gotten used to the weight from it, and the snowflake was just too light.


     Yesterday's challenge was backlighting, which I am not really a fan of. I didn't really put much into this one, seeing as how the lighting in my room is horrible no matter where it's coming from. So a bit of nostalgia in this picture, my Game Boy Colour in all its glory. I still play it from time to time, and prefer it over any of the newer game systems. Especially when playing Pokémon. Double nostalgia right there.



     Today's challenge prompt was time, and instead of taking a picture of a clock or something like that (since I've done the timepiece already), I was a bit more creative. I found an old cap off a Jones soda from my collection which had a quote/fortune/saying on it that was relative to the challenge topic. It says Donate your time, which I think is a really good thing to do and to remember. Especially around the holidays, we focus a lot about ourselves and our close families, but forget that there are others out there.


     I have a few special post ideas planned for some days this month, and am looking into more things. I figure if I am posting every day, then why not make some of those days more interesting. Especially on the days that I don't really have much to say. I am hoping to do some writing over the break, maybe also a bit of drawing if I get really bored or procrastinatey. Until then, don't forget to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment