12/31/11

BEDD: Out With The Old

     My last post of 2011. The year has been pretty amazing, with its own balance of rises and falls. Looking back, I wouldn't change a single moment of it. Each day that I have lived have brought me to this moment, and this moment is pretty decent. Sure, I want the clock to tick 12 o'clock, the dawn to bring a new day. In lieu of that moment, I am going to reflect upon some of the things I've done this year.

     Starting with the Big, Fun, Scary List of 2011. I honestly didn't look at this after I had written it until about mid-summer, and then only a couple of times after that, so I am not really sure how well I have done until now:

*survive 11th grade - I am happy to report that I did this, and I did it quite well. The marks that I achieved were mostly to my liking (stupid math and physics) and the times I spent in those classes have become nice memories.
*begin last year - Following the success of the prior, I have started gr. 12. I still don't think I have mentally accepted the fact that it is my final year, though, despite having applied to university and everything. Maybe that's the best thing for now.
*go to my first dance - Still have not done this, but it will happen. Not because I 100% want it, but because I will never be forgived if I don't go to prom at the end of the year. And the only other dance that I could have gone to was the Christmas formal; not my thing.
*get a radical haircut - SUCCESS! I don't think anything was more radical than cutting off my ponytail and adopting the short hair look. I don't think I will ever go back long, since this seems to be working for me.
*actually do NaNoWriMo 2011- I would like to say that I tried, that I started writing but life just got to me. Unfortunately, life got to me before NaNo did, and I made the decision to not procrastinate schoolwork by doing it. The bad thing about NaNo is that it is in November, one of the busiest school months. Plus I had English, which took up a lot of my time.
*read 50 books - Sooo close. I made it to 46 books by the end of today, and I know that if I hadn't had English I would have done it. I didn't read much during the last 3 months because of the stupid class. I mean, I read the required reading for it, but never had time to read my own novels.
*get my driver's license - Success was achieved in this one, as well as going to driver's ed (yet to complete that, bleh actual driving). Ultimatums do apparently work for me, when it gets to a certain point.
*get a job - I didn't get a job, on the premise that I am leaving soon and no one here is really hiring right now. I have been saving my money, though, and not spending anything from my allowance. It adds up pretty quickly.
*do more blogging - Things started good in the beginning of the year, but I think once I started writing on A Week of Awesome I kind of stopped writing here. The BEDD posts have really helped me to get back into blogging, and hopefully in the new year I will be more regular in my posts.
*try vlogging - I discovered that I am way to shy for this. I do not like the sound of my voice when it is recorded. Vlogging is not for me.
*do something completely selfless - There is really no way for me to guage this, but I have done some things this year that helped others. I watched StickAid 2011, staying up about 19 hours out of 24. I also aided my school in raising money to help the community Harvest Center; we ended up raising around $1,500. For a school of around 300 students, it was very heartwarming.
*lose weight - Not as much as I wanted, of course, but I did lose some. *happy dance* Better luck next year, I guess.

     As I said, I am really proud of the things I've done this year. I got back into writing for a bit, and drawing a lot more. I realized that I have a love and a talent for writing, but not a lot of time for it. As for drawing, well, I would say amateur. I discovered a new taste in music that I didn't think I would ever like, but has become a kind of sanctum for me, especially when I'm moody. I made new friends, who I hope to one day meet.

     A good year, not the first and certainly (hopefully) not the last. The future holds a lot, yet to be discovered. And I can't wait to see what it's all about. Don't forget to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment