12/25/11

BEDD: Merry Christmas!

     This day has been hectic and exciting and fun and all around crazy. I was woken up at 7:30 this morning to go upstairs to open up gifts. That is roughly the time that I am awake on a school morning. I guess that is the consequence of having a 3 and a half year old in the house. I think I actually miss the days when my sister woke me up at 9, and I thought that was too early to be awake for Christmas.

     The gift opening was fun, much more entertaining with my niece here. She has such a hilarious way of opening things, it's almost like she knows that Christmas wasn't made for the impation (ie. my sister). She would tear little strips of wrapping paper off of a gift, and then hold it up for everyone to see. And she did that for every single gift she had. And it was a pretty full Santa bag/stocking.

     My parents really surprised me though. I knew I was getting a new laptop for Christmas, to prepare me for univeristy and whatnot, so that they don't have to buy me everything come June when the time comes for me to get ready to leave. They were planning on buying a printer to go with my laptop for graduation, so that I wouldn't have to worry about running around to print assignments. I thought we were all done with gifts when my mom puts this huge, heavy box on my lap with this big smile on her face. I open it up (with some 'help' from my niece) and lo and behold, it's a printer. Not in a million years would I have guessed that. My honest guess what that it was a gag, since I had already gotten a laptop and everything.

     This next paragraph contains spoilers. I did get to watch the Doctor Who Christmas Special, The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe. I must say that it was not what I expected from the title. I refused to watch the trailer for it so as to be perfectly surprised for the episode. I really loved this episode, just because I loved the original foray into Narnia that occured in tLtWatW. I also loved the different spin on it, all Christmas-y and Whovian. Of course, the Doctor would trick out a house to make his guests feel welcome. Well, I know I'd stay there anyday. Despite the fact that the forest trees were kind of evil-ish, taking over Ceril's body, I liked them. It was neat seeing the spirits of trees sorta literally coming to life. The Queen looked more like a Princess though, in my opinion. I also have to admit that I cried in the end, when they were all returned, the forest souls were safe, and the husband was alive again. I think I'm just a sucker for a good Doctor Who ending, though.

     I love that today's challenge is colour. The true embodiment of colour today, Christmas Day, has to be the Christmas tree. So of course, I went and photographed the lights in the tree. It was slightly out of focus, but I think that made the picture look even better.

   
     I hope that everyone has had a very merry Christmas Day, and that it was safe and happy and enjoyable. All in all, I think mine has been the best so far, just because of the people who were here to celebrate with me and the new memories and traditions I have begun. Hopefully I will continue bloggig for years to come, and will be able to continue this as a tradition as well. Don't forget to be awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment