12/7/11

BEDD: Polar Bear

     Today was both a dull and exciting day. It was kind of a rollar coaster of feelings, you could say. I didn't really do any work in my classes, which was good, but also made for a boring day. On the bright side, I slept a lot better last night, so I felt much better throughout the day. Turns out when you aren't waking up 3 or 4 times in the middle of the night, you aren't nearly falling asleep in the middle of the day either.

     Instead of doing more review for a test in Biology class, we watched a Discovery Planet Earth video on ecology. It was really cool, and showed a lot of interesting animals and different natural habitats. There were the mating dances of a few birds of paradise shown, and they were really cute. There are a large number of different species of them, all with their own different ritual, and it was cute to see what some of them did. I mean, with humans we just get to know each other, decide if we can stand to live with each other (most times), and get married and stuff. In the animal kingdom, though, things are so much different. I think it would be cool if we had different selection rituals like birds do. At least, I think it would be cute if a guy danced or something to try to get my attention. I think it would be a sweet gesture. This is the clip from the video, and this is another, longer one, that I found on YouTube with more species of the bird.


     Another animal that was shown was a polar bear. It showed a mother leading its two cubs around, climbing and slipping over the ice and snow drifts. It was adorable. I've decided I want to be a polar bear in my next life. You know, if we get next lives after we die. I think it would be cool to be one of the largest predators in the community. Not much would bother me, I would be adorable, and who doesn't love polar bears? They're practically the kings of the bear world. They also have to be strong enough to survive in the toughest climates the world has to offer. So yeah, if the order of the world starts taking orders, I'd like polar bear in next life, please.

     I had fun with the photo challenge today. Portrait shot of a family/friend/pet, of which I chose pet because I love my baby. So I annoyed my cat, taking pictures of her, and came away with some nice ones. Like me, she doesn't seem to like having her picture taken, always turning her head away when it seems like I've got a really good one.


     Since last night's sleep went well, I am hoping that I will sleep well again tonight. Wish me luck. Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the polar bears bite! (Bet you thought I was going to say don't forget to be awesome, right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment