12/28/11

BEDD: Uh-Oh

     So I clearly forgot to post yesterday, but that is because I started watching something and it ended after midnight, and I didn't realize that I had forgetten until my lights were out and I was almost asleep. And this post will be semi-late (ie. after midnight) because it will just have to be. I didn't think it was this late already. I thought I had at least an hour, but apparently that isn't so.

     I've also got to get used to typing on the new laptop, as it is much bigger than my old one and the keys are larger and farther from each other. This one doesn't have the French key setting like my old one, so I've also got to adjust to some key changes. Like the apostrophe, the question mark, and slashes. Those are the worst. I am liking that the speakers actually work, as the old ones were scratchy and useless. It's kinda nice being able to listen to music without headphones.

     These past two days have been really enjoyable. Yesterday we brought my niece out to the lake to try out her snowmachine that she got for Christmas. It was really adorable, and she picked it up really quickly. She can turn like a pro now (or at least as pro as you can get at 3 and a half). This morning we all went down to the arena to skate for a bit. I was a bit horrible, since I haven't skated in at least 2 years, but am glad to say that I didn't fall, not even once. Seventeen years old and that is a celebrated accomplishment. Yupp.

     I watched Neverland last night, which was a two-part special that was on the Space channel a few weeks ago but I missed. It is basically the story of how Peter ended up in Neverland, and the events that led to his becoming Peter Pan and being able to fly and hating Captain Hook. It was really good, much better than I had expected it to be. *Spoilers* It was a really cool concept too, that everyone was brought over from different historical times by a magical orb thingy. I had wondered why there were pirates and Indians, and why Peter and the Lost Boys seemed so different from everyone. I really liked the forest city that Dr. Flood made; I was so angry when it was destroyed. And the tree spirit city. I loved how they called them tree spirits instead of fairies or pixies. Anyway, it was a great show and I do recommend it.

     The photo challenge for yesterday was 'there's something odd about the picture...' which is a really strange yet interesting topic. Can you tell what is odd about this picture? Maybe it's the fact that my new computer is more than twice the size of my old one. Or maybe its the fact that I am just a supernerd and my backgrounds are all fandoms. The Marauders (Harry Potter) on one, and Jingle Bells written in Galifreyan (Doctor Who) on the other. Also, I need a new name for this laptop. My old one is named Sexy, after the TARDIS, because it is kind of like that blue, and the Doctor calls his TARDIS sexy when they are alone, as witnessed in the episode The Doctor's Wife. I don't know what name to give this one. It is white, and has this sort of golf-ball feel to it. It needs to be something nerdy though, in the spirit of nerdiness everywhere. Any ideas?


     Today's challenge is 'your favourite...?' I really could have gont any way with this, but since I want to show of my plant, I will show you my current favourite project. In our school's gardening club we are growing herbs, and I took mine home over the holidays so that my teacher advisor would not kill them. They have grown immensely over the week-ish that I have had them here, and I am so excited because I tend to be very bad with plants. But here they are, green and healthy and continuously growing. There are even a few shoots coming out, which makes me so happy because they weren't there on Wednesday when it left school. It means I'm doing something right.



     A bit late, but always worth it I hope. Don't forget to be awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment